Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Differences of Colour Pencils on Copics (With some money saved too!)




Hey again. I wanted to show you the differences with and without using colour pencils on copics. I've always find colour pencils to be a must have when enhancing copic artworks.



From the picture above, the more prominient differences would be the shading, I think, and the lip colour. I don't have the money to purchase multiple shades of copics so colour pencils actually make up to it. after adding a few coats of red on the areas I intend to shade, I let it dry then I took a dark rusty brown (I use staedtler colour pencils, I got them free when I was young, loads, cause my dad used to work at staedtler.), and just shade the areas I want darker. The effect is gorgeous, with slight textures. Not to mention I didn't use money on it. Also I did this with her dress, which I was having problems with, since reapplying copic layers on the same area deosn't give the shading effect as dark red does, and it really helps! And to think I use to hate colour pencils! :>

Lastly, colour pencils do great for 'make-ups'. Take shavings of red colour pencil lead and just rub them on the cheeks and lips. I really love this teqnique and my friends (who is already bored of me drawing all the time), gave me a satisfactory 'Wow~' at how it turned out.

Conclusion, colour pencils work really well with copics, and it saves money too! The only flaw is that colour pencils can't last too long. :<

No comments:

Post a Comment